Monday, January 12, 2009

5 days until beta

Ok, I have 5 pg tests burning a hole in my bathroom cabinet... tomorrow I'll be 10 days past IUI...I think I'm going to test tomorrow. I just can't restrain myself.

As usual, I won't tell my dh unless... and even if it's + I don't think I'll believe it until I see it 5 days in a row, plus with great beta results... But, according to my dr, testing at this point wouldn't show the hcg still in my system from the trigger.

Anyway, I've been trying to keep myself so busy this past week. I stocked my 40 gallon aquarium (actually, it's s a little smaller, but I can't remember if it's 36 or 38, so I just round up to 40) with some lovely fish and have been enjoying watch them float around. Everyone's getting along great, which warms my heart. Unfortunately, I do have a bit of a mystery on my hands... one of my fish just disappeared (this happened before I bought the new fish). It's gone, and I have done a thorough search. I don't know what happened, but I have a small algae eater in the tank & I think he took care of things for me. How did he know that my least favorite part of having an aquarium is dealing with the casualties? Good fish! I just hope there isn't a scene like the one in Jaws 3... (you know...in the tunnel... with the man popping up...egads!)

Also, I keep doing Google searches on symptoms, expectations, etc, and invariably I get directed to the inanity of Yahoo Answers. Today I entertained myself with this gem (it's totally made up - all this guy's questions are like this - but it still made me snort when I stumbled on it):

When a man gets pregnant can he get another woman pregnant? Or is he basically nuetered during this time?

So - I won't be updating probably until Saturday when I get the beta done - but please keep me in your thoughts!

4 comments:

K @ Running Through Life said...

Oh geez, Yahoo Answers!

Just wanted to say I am thinking about you and hoping for a positive test for you!!

Erica said...

Oh...I just said a BIG prayer for you! When I was trying to pass the time before I could take a pg test, I thought up all these creative ways to tell hubby I was pregnant. It was a great way to pass the time and gave me something to look forward to.

I'll be out of town so I won't get to see your post until next week but I'll be thinking about ya!

Erica

Zoe said...

I have fingers and toes crossed for some great news tomorrow!

The Shmoopies said...

Sending you tons and tons of good thoughts, Marisa!!!