Sunday, June 8, 2008

Long time, no blog

Ha ha, I know that's not an original title, but what can I say.. at least it's something, right? I want to make sure to get a few posts in before one of my readers goes into active labor... OK, Janessa, this one is for you!

I have had a pretty rough month, on top of some technical difficulties, and it's made blogging hard. The most devastating thing was having to say goodbye to my beloved 16 year old cat, Maraya. I'm not interested in writing about it right now, but I have updated her Catster page. Check it out, if you're interested: http://www.catster.com/cats/303314

One thing I'll add though, is this amazingly sweet e-mail that my friend sent to me:
I am truly sorry to hear about Maraya. I know how hard that must have been
for you. She was a wonderful cat, and I really loved her, she had a stronger
personality than most people I know, and things just won't be the same without
her vibrance. I can honestly say she will never be forgotten by those who loved
her, and that she made a lasting impression on all those she got to know. It's
hard not to tear up at the thought of a visit to the Bay Area without some time
in her company. A cat like Maraya can never be replaced. May she rest in
peace.

Also, a friend of mine who specializes in monograms & invitations created a really special memorial card for me to print out & send to Maraya's vets and some of my family members. Check it out on her blog here: http://swishdesigns.blogspot.com/2008/05/pet-memorial.html
Thanks again, Donna!

I have a lot to post about, but I'm going to break it up into a few different posts as to not overwhelm myself, or my 4 readers. Thanks for tuning in!

3 comments:

Ariella said...

I was wondering about you so glad you decided to post an update and can't wait to hear more. Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk today.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Glad to have an update, but I'm sorry about your loss. I would be just devastated to lose one of my cats.

littlemonkey said...

I'm so sorry about your loss :(

I know how difficult it can be to be forced to say goodbye to a member of the family!

BUT, thank you for the update!