Wednesday, January 28, 2009

IUI canceled

I'm so devastated I can't even think straight. I honestly did not know how many follicles I had until my re called me. However, by coincidence, I was reading an article on cnn about the octuplets that were just born. Right in the middle of the article was a quote from my doctor. She was lambasting any doctor that allowed a patient to go that route... I knew at that point my IUI was going to be canceled.

I spoke with my doctor finally & she told me my #s:
17, 17, 17, 17, 16, 14,14,14,14 - Yeah, I overstimmed.

I'm not sure what route we're taking next, but as of now, we have to abstain or use condoms until after I ovulate... I can't even try to get pg naturally this cycle.

I'm hoping, hoping, hoping, there's a way i can get to Disneyland before my next cycle. I really need that place right now.

4 comments:

Jamers said...

M, I'm so sorry... My thoughts keep trailing back to you today. I know there's nothing I can say to really help, but just take comfort that Dr. H. wouldn't steer us wrong! That's all we can do... :o) Huge hugs to you.

Erica said...

I'm so sorry. I know there aren't any words and that it just seems like you can't win no matter what. We're here for ya. I'm praying for you. And praying really hard that you get to the front of the line for Disneyworld. :) I hear nice, long massages or soaking in the tub can help...

Alison said...

Hugs to you my friend!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so sorry M. Big hugs.